Every camper’s schedule includes swimming, boating, nature, athletics and arts & crafts, plus shira (singing) and rikud (Israeli dancing). You can also try out for inter-camp sports teams. In addition, every girl gets to personalize her Pembroke experience through LOTS of electives. Signup takes place online, before camp begins, so that parents and campers can make choices together.
- Grades 3-6 get: Drama (1x/week), instructional tennis and waterfront (both 2x/week) and THREE electives per session (each 3x/week)
- Grades 7-8 get: Waterfront (2x/week) and FOUR electives per session (each 3x/week)
- Grades 9-10 get: SIX electives per session (each 3x/week)
“I appreciate the diversity of the programs: a girl who likes sports is just as likely to love Pembroke as a girl who loves the arts.” ~ Pembroke parent
- Specialty Electives in golf and horseback riding are available to all campers, both sessions, providing specialized instruction each week at nearby facilities. Added fee
- First and Second Session Intensive Skills Clinics offer extra training to campers. Experts teach these one-week add-on clinics, each giving your daughter a burst of skill-building for 12 hours over four days. Choices and skill level – from beginner to experienced — vary each season. The 2016 summer clinics included: volleyball and field hockey. Added fee
Elective choices for all campers may include:
Swim lessons and free swim in the lake and in our pool
Boating, canoeing, lifeguarding (grade 10), paddle boarding, pedal boating, sailing, waterskiing, synchronized swimming, windsurfing
Archery, volleyball, power walking, aerobics, bicycling, flag football, basketball, tennis (bring your racquet!), cheerleading/gymnastics, lacrosse, gaga, dodgeball, soccer, field hockey, running, and more!
Arts & Crafts
Ceramics, fun with fabric, leather works, drawing and painting, jewelry making, scrapbooking, and creative accessories.
Media & Performing Arts
Videography and photography, drama, choreography, dance like a star, glee club, jazz, modern dance, and zumba!
The Great Outdoors
Outdoor adventure and gardening.
Fun in the kitchen and Newspaper.